The Anubis Gates

Harrison Ford as Darrow. Just saying. In all seriousness, I feel as though if they ever made a movie, that is perfect casting right there. The gruffness fits so well. Plus, you could play with Harrison Ford’s previous roles, and it would be cool. Anyway, let’s talk about my thoughts on The Anubis Gates.

Something I like to look at with these books is kind of where they fall in relation to each other in their respective genre’s. Like Star Wars is a very adventure focused simple but vast in scope, space opera. Interstellar is more thought provoking despite still being a Sci-fi. The Anubis Gates falls hard in the adventure romp for me which wasn’t really my expectation when I started. That’s not bad though, I did thoroughly enjoy my read. But I find it really interesting to view that comparison. I think this is in part supported by many of the more theatrical and magical elements to the story. The werewolves. The serial killers. It all helps to give this very adventure romp feeling to it. I also think that because this is actually set in the past, and we just travel deeper in, that takes the story out of a timeframe where we do see a lot of really thought provoking plots in future stories. It’s very theatrical. Even in the way it sets up plot threads in the beginning of the book. It's inviting us into the story, and not really hiding that this is a story. It in stuff like how Darrow cuts open that dude’s robe or whatever in the beginning. It’d make for a pretty fun movie or two.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Each Man Kills by Victoria Glad

Chapter One - Neverwhere

The Tradition of the Tea Plant